A digital marketing manager represents an executive position. This job is based on a unique set of digital technology skills that directs all departments to grow the digital industry.
This position focuses primarily on a corporation’s digital brand by leading, building and maintaining its presence in the digital world.
Digital marketing manager is responsible for driving the prioritization of technology infrastructure for the continuity of digital advertising across all media platforms. Manages all related IT departments and functions as a conduit between the digital presence and all advertising and/or marketing activities. Advises all internal managers in strategizing for their specific marketing needs, incorporating the digital technology structure.
Marketing Manager Job Description and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of marketing managers may depend on the environment in which they work, but some of the most common functions are:
- Research and evaluate new product opportunities, potential product demand, and customer needs and opinions.
- Execute marketing strategy and execution of plans for existing products.
- Act as a partner to finance and product development to determine the feasibility of potential markets prior to product production.
- Work with product development teams to manage new product development.
- Manage new product launch campaigns.
- Manage product distribution channels.
- Ensure the effectiveness of brand marketing communications, including the company website, print communication and advertising.
- Manage media and marketing personnel and external public relations agencies.
Overall, marketing executives analyse the efficacy of all a company’s marketing efforts and sales campaigns.
Digital marketing manager salary
Digital Marketing Manager Average Salary in the United States
A Digital Marketing Manager in America generally earns around USD 132,000 per year. Salaries range from USD 70,000 (the smallest) to USD 201,000 (the high end).
Average annual salary, including housing, transportation, and other personal benefits. Digital marketing manager salaries in US differ drastically depending on experience, skills, gender, or location.
Digital Marketing Manager Average Salary in Kuwait 2021
A person working as a digital marketing manager in Kuwait usually earns about 1,790 KWD per month. Salaries range from 840 KWD (the minimum) to 2,820 KWD (the maximum).
This is the average monthly salary, including housing, transportation, and other benefits.
Digital Marketing Manager Average Salary in Spain 2021
A digital marketing manager in Spain typically earns around 45,700 euros per year. Salaries average between €21,900 (the minimum) and €71,800 (the maximum).
Digital marketing manager: education, certification, and experience.
Persons seeking a career as a marketing manager are ideally required to have a bachelor’s degree and considerable experience.
Education: At a minimum, you should have a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field. A master’s degree in either business or marketing is preferred.
Experience: The value of experience cannot be overstated. This is often a promotional position. Ideally 5 years or more of progressively responsible positions in marketing, preferably in a similar industry if not in your own company. You must have experience in supervising and managing a professional marketing team.
What skills are required to be a successful marketing manager?
Marketing managers perform a variety of functions inside a company. Therefore, the more skills you have shown, the better you will appear to a potential hiring manager. These are some of the key skills that are needed and used to filter applications. Without some of these skills, your application could be excluded by automated systems if specific experience is not recognized.
- Digital Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social media
- Marketing automation/technology
- Email marketing
- Copywriting and communication
- Project and time management
- Execution skills
- Quick learning
- Branding and storytelling